The IFPAC-2023 meeting, June 4-7, 2023, will be fully in-person at the Bethesda North Marriot, in North Bethesda, Maryland.
IFPAC-2023 Event Protocol
IFPAC will monitor and follow COVID-19 related guidelines & policies of the U.S. Government, State of Maryland, Montgomery County, MD, U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC), and the Bethesda North Marriott event venue as recommended. (These are subject to change.)
The Bethesda North Marriott is located in Montgomery County, Maryland.
All attendees will be expected to follow the policies in place at the time of the meeting.
View Current Guidance:
Montgomery County, Maryland Government: Face Coverings/Masks - COVID-19 Information Portal - Montgomery County, Maryland (montgomerycountymd.gov)
U.S. CDC COVID-19 Guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
CDC Travel Guidance: Travel | CDC
For the safety of all participants, we ask that all attendees:
- Be fully immunized against COVID-19 at least 14 days before their arrival at the event OR have a Negative Test within 72 hours of Event Arrival. The CDC strongly recommends masks for unvaccinated and encourages masks for vaccinated attendees in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission or for those that are or have someone in their household that is immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease.
- Follow federal, state, local, and venue policies. These guidelines and policies are subject to change at any time based on current conditions. We will post updates on the IFPAC website.
- Respect health and safety guidelines as necessary. These include, but may not be limited to, wearing a mask in indoor spaces, sanitizing, and cooperating with any indoor spacing arrangements for physical distancing.
Complete a Wellness Check:
Do not travel if you are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus, or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19. Please contact Conference Management to discuss your options.
PER CDC GUIDANCE, DO NOT TRAVEL IF:
- You have COVID-19 symptoms, even if you recovered from COVID-19 within the past 90 days or are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines.
- You tested positive for COVID-19. Do not travel until a full 10 days after your symptoms started or the date your positive test was taken if you had no symptoms.
- You are waiting for results of a COVID-19 test.
- You had close contact with a person with COVID-19 and are recommended to quarantine. Do not travel until a full 5 days after your last close contact with the person with COVID-19. It is best to avoid travel for a full 10 days after your last exposure. Get tested at least 5 days after your last close contact. Make sure your test result is negative and you remain without symptoms before traveling. If you don’t get tested, avoid travel until a full 10 days after your last close contact with a person with COVID-19.
CANCELLATIONS: If you are unable to attend, another person can be substituted, or your registration may be credited to a future symposium. Notification to be received in writing by 23 December 2022. If prior to the event a positive COVID-19 test, quarantine, or federal travel restrictions be imposed impacting your ability to travel; this deadline will be waived.
For unforeseen circumstances, whereby meeting facility is not operating for business, due to acts of God, government authority, disaster, strikes, construction, remodeling or other reasons outside our control, an alternative venue and dates of comparable quality will be confirmed.
Please contact conference management with questions.